If you are currently enrolled in a computer science or computer studies class that requires access to a web server or if you are a graduate student, you will have an account on csmaster. Yes, you will be able to create wonderful web pages for everyone to see, maybe keep your resume on your site!
Now for the Important Stuff:
- For this account your username is your first initial and your last name*
- Your password will be the last 6 digits of your school id number
- You will be able to visit your site by the URL: http://csmaster.sxu.edu/username
If your directory has an ‘index.html’ page (or default.htm or index.htm or index.php)–this is what you will see.
- If your directory does not have an ‘index.html’ page – you are able to see the contents of your directory.
In everyone’s directory there is a private directory called ‘private’ http://csmaster.sxu.edu/username/private
- Any files inside this directory will be private to the user and faculty members only.
- The private directory should be used for files that are homework.
- The general directory should be used for web pages and associated files that the whole world can view
*All new students starting Spring 2010 semester your User ID will match your NET ID. Your password will remain your school ID number.